1862 Royal Licence for the Hon. George Waldegrave, husband of Henrietta Anderson Morshead, now Countess of Rothes in her own right, granting him the right to assume the name and Arms of Leslie under the Charter of 1660. He became George Waldegrave-Leslie and again ‘differenced’ the Leslie Arms by the addition of a ‘Canton Ermine’ and a red rose on the Crest, the ‘differences’ again being for him only. A Canton derives from the French word ‘corner’ and is a small square generally placed – Dexter Chief – top left hand corner. Often used to indicate a particular reason for the Arms.